Pumpkin Pancakes – Week #2 – Low Carb Recipe Series of Eight
When my grandchildren come over, pancakes are at the top of the list of requests for breakfast. I like to serve a low carbohydrate version, and everybody finds them delicious! What a nice treat and what better time of year than the Fall season when Pumpkins are in abundance!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Portion: 3-4 servings
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup almond flour or mixed nut flour
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 tablespoon stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Coconut oil spray
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- Using a blender, mix eggs, eggs whites, flaxseeds, almond flour, cinnamon, stevia (if using),
pumpkin, and almond milk until texture is smooth and consistent.
- Preheat electric griddle to medium heat (or about 325°F), or a large skillet on the stove stop. You want the surface to be medium hot—oil shouldn’t smoke when it makes contact with the electric griddle or skillet surface.
- Lightly grease the electric griddle or skillet with coconut oil and pour 1/4 cup of the mixture onto the griddle.
- Once the pancakes are ready, top with a little ghee butter for extra flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Top with blueberries, or your favourite berries and maple syrup.
Colombe Gauvin N.D.