Curry and Coconut Milk Tofu
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Portion: 2 servings
- 1 cup organic tofu cut into small pieces
- ½ tablespoon Himalayan salt
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 scallions, sliced into small pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ¼ tablespoon ground turmeric
- ¼ tablespoon cumin, add more to taste
- ¼ tablespoon five spice powder
- A handful of fresh cilantro or fresh basil
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ lime juice
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Mix the tofu with salt to taste and coconut oil.
- Place the tofu in the oven at 400°F for 15-17 mins, until crispy & golden on the outside.
- In the meantime, heat a small pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut milk, almond milk,
minced garlic, scallions, red bell peppers, turmeric, cumin, five spice powder, cilantro or basil,
and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, slightly reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once the broth is well-seasoned add broccoli, lime juice, and cashews. Cover with a lid.
- When the tofu is ready, add it to the curry, simmer for 3-4 mins over low to medium-low heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Add ½ cup of cooked cauliflower rice when serving. Top with fresh cilantro.