Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! I just don’t have another word to describe this recipe! I like serving this dish with konjac noodles (enjoying pasta the low carb way)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Portion: 4-5 servings (3-4 meatballs each)
- 1 jar (12.35 oz / 350 gr) of peeled crushed or diced tomatoes without salt and sugar (I prefer to use a tomato sauce, but use any good organic brand)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Using a blender, mix tomatoes, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, salt, stevia and black pepper until
texture is smooth and consistent.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a large pot over medium-low heat and stir briefly for 1 minute. Then add cilantro and basil.
- In a big bowl combine the ground lean turkey, egg, 1/2 tablespoon Himalayan salt, cumin, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
Make small balls and place them in the hot tomato sauce, bringing to a simmer over medium
heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Put the konjac noodles in a dish, pour the hot tomato sauce and meatballs over the pasta.
Tip: add your favourite green vegetable
- Serve and enjoy!