Grilled Salmon with Cream of Asparagus
We all love salmon, but here’s a unique way to serve it!
This is a nice recipe that comes from Dr. Hyman. He is an avid promoter of salmon as a recommended food for brain health. It’s a perfectly ketogenic recipe. Why not serve it with cauliflower rice?
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Portion: 1-2 servings
- 1 portion of wild-caught salmon (6 oz)
- ½ tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of asparagus cut into pieces
- ½ tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- A pinch of turmeric
- ¼ tablespoon cumin powder
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- A handful of broccoli sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle and gently rub salt over salmon.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- While the salmon is cooking, use a large skillet to sauté the asparagus with avocado oil, black pepper, and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a blender, mix the asparagus, almond milk, water, garlic, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Add more water if necessary for a more liquified consistency.
- Add it to a medium pot and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add the scallions and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- When the asparagus cream is ready, serve and top with broccoli sprouts and sunflower seeds.
- Take the salmon out of the oven after 15-20 minutes and serve together with the asparagus
- Serve and enjoy!