- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- A Medical Food for the Dietary Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Prebiotic Soluble Fiber
- Through Dietary Management, Acacia Senegal Helps Relieve IBS Symptoms, Including Diarrhea, Constipation, and Abdominal Pain
- Refillable Canisters Available
- Grown in Africa
- 100% Organic Soluble Fiber
- Certified Organic by QAI
Heather’s Tummy Fiber Organic Acacia Senegal
- Heather’s Tummy Fiber is natural help for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). A medical food supplement for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Acacia Senegal is a soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect. Studies have shown that incorporating soluble fiber, as part of the diet, regulates bowel motility (thus alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS. Acacia Senegal’s prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora, which in turn reduces bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from the digestive dysfunction of IBS.
- Heather’s Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a proven significantly bifidogenic effect and a good gastrointestinal tolerance. Heather’s Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management and support of IBS. It is 100% Acacia Senegal, and does not contain any low grade Acacia seyal.
It also has no IBS triggers such as:
- No insoluble fibers
- No citric acid
- No gluten
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No artificial sweeteners
- No GI stimulants or irritants
Daily dosages for adults 12 years & older:
On average, 4 to 18 grams (2 teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. Start at a low dose and increase gradually. Maximum daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons). If you stabilize at a lower dose, stay there. Under 12 years old consult your physician. Use daily for best results.
- Additive Free
- Grit Free
- Gluten Free
- No Oxalates
Begin with a low dose (try 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily). Add Tummy Fiber to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you add liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve. Or, stir Tummy Fiber into any moist food.
Gradually increase your daily dose (try adding an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 4-5 days) and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize. Diarrhea and spasms should resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, particularly if chronic and severe, may take several weeks, and might require a gradual increase to the maximum dose of 5 tablespoons per day.
Cooking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of flour, whisk.
Other Ingredients: Organic acacia (100% acacia senegal).
Warnings: For use under a physician’s supervision.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing.
Use within 12 months of opening.
Store in a cool, dry place.