Stay YouthfuI Inside and Out
Bamboo Silica is an essential metabolic mineral, especially for calcium and increasing the density of bones, teeth, and gums. It forms the basis of connective tissue that holds organs and tissue together as well as maintaining the stability of ligaments and tendons to keep joints flexible. Silica helps keep arteries pliant and as a building block it helps build tissue such as our skin and help remedy skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Because it’s used in so many ways, Bamboo Silica provides a high potency of the mineral, which is easily absorbed and utilized, and is augmented with natural calcium.
Silica helps you to grow a younger body!
Silica helps to age-proof your appearance by restoring the building blocks that create it. The body retains less Silicon (the actual compound) as you age due to difficulties in absorbing it. As levels of Silicon decline, your body shows telltale signs of aging such as wrinkled skin, sagging muscle tone, weakened gums, hair loss, stiff joints and bone loss.
An adult body contains about 20 grams of Silicon, and these stores must be maintained at this level to have good health. However, your body constantly metabolizes and uses it, and then
eliminates it through urine, hair loss and nail trimming. This natural reduction of Silicon can be from 10 to 40 mg daily so it needs to be replaced in foods (found in tiny amounts in oats, barley, potatoes, beans, mussels and beer) or taken in supplements. But, it is difficult to get enough in the diet to help maintain this balance and minimize the effects of aging.
Why do you need Silicon? Here are 6 good reasons.
- Silicon helps nutrients called chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid to be deposited into cartilage, and aids in forming collagen, a major component of ligaments and tendons that helps to maintain joint strength and elasticity. This has important implications for managing arthritis but also for exercising.
- It is essential for bone development and may help to prevent osteoporosis and re-calcify bones.
- It plays a role in mineral absorption, and enhances the function of Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Boron in the body.
- It improves the cardiovascular system, reducing blood fats and cholesterol, and improving elasticity and permeability of arteries. (Atherosclerosis can occur as a result of Silicon deficiency. In studies, Silica was found to be up to 14 times more abundant in arteries of people with no heart disease.)
- It eliminates toxins from the body, and may help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease by assisting the body in eliminating aluminum — thought to be a causative factor in developing it.
- Silicon is called the “beauty nutrient” because it helps to create healthy, toned skin by providing strength and resilience to collagen and elastin; it has been used to alleviate eczema and psoriasis; it improves the condition of hair, nails and teeth.
Bamboo is an edible, ecologically sustainable grass that has been part of the diet for thousands of years. It is also the principal food of the Indian elephant ─ that is smaller than its African cousin, but much stronger. The Giant Panda of China exists almost exclusively on bamboo, and its skeletal system is incredibly strong, yet very flexible (thought to be related to the high Silicon diet).
Enerex Bamboo Silica extract is prepared from Tabashir bamboo stems from India (Bambusa vulgaris). Bamboo extract is the richest known source of natural Silicon, containing over 70% organic Silica. This is more than 10 times the level found in the Horsetail plant (Equisetum) that contains 5% to 7% Silica. To increase the effectiveness of Bamboo Silica, we added 200 mg of Calcium citrate to the formula. Calcium absorption in the bones and other areas is enhanced by the presence of Silicon, and like Calcium, Silicon is involved in normal bone development. Like Silicon, a deficiency of Calcium may also speed the skin’s aging.
Silica vs. Silicon? Silicon is a single atom and Silica is a molecule (atoms combine to make molecules); Silicon is prepared for supplements using Silica.
There have been several clinical studies over the past decade reporting the effectiveness of
Silica supplements: for increasing bone mineral density in middle-aged men and pre-menopausal women (Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2004); and to reduce deficiency problems that can create deformed bones, reduced contents of cartilage, and disruption of mineral balance (Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging, 2007).