We had a lot of fun last month with our Facebook contest, “Hooked on Smoothies”. People were very generous in sharing their preferred ingredients and we published (from over 200 participants) the results of the four most popular ingredients, which are:
We noted as well, less traditional but equally awesome ingredients such as red clover, zucchini and kale.
This leads us to want to share with you, “Colombe’s Smoothie”. It’s her breakfast five to six days a week for the past fifteen years. She has not missed a day’s work, besides always being in a good mood and a model of what the word goodness exemplifies. She has an overflowing amount of energy and she is always eager to taste her smoothie in the morning! By the way, it takes five more minutes than preparing toast, yogurt and coffee, but it’s otherwise nourishing and a lot healthier!
In a Vitamix (preferably) blender, add the following ingredients:
– 4 oz of kefir *see recipe for homemade kefir (it can also be bought in good natural food stores)
– 2 oz i-Thrive juice (concentrated berry juice rich in antioxidants)
– The juice of one lemon (good for the liver among other things)
– 2 heaping teaspoons of flax seeds – (intake of omega 3 and fibre)
– 2 heaping teaspoons of Chia – (intake of omega 3 and fibre)
– 2 heaping teaspoons of hemp – (intake of omega 3 and fibre)
– 2 heaping teaspoons of pumpkin seeds – (zinc intake and good for the skin, kidneys and bladder)
– 1 half cup of fruit “of the moment”
Mix well to grind the seeds
Add to this mixture:
– 1 heaping teaspoon of Maca (brings energy, hormonal balance)
– 2 measures of SynerG Supplements Vegan Protein
– 1 measure SynerG Supplements Probiotics Powder
– 1 measure of SynerG Supplements Digestive Enzymes powder
– 1 teaspoon of liquid Omega 3
– 1 teaspoon Regal Royal honey (a natural antibiotic)
– 1 teaspoon of vitamin C powder
– 2 capsules of SynerG Supplements Marine Collagen (open the capsules and pour into the smoothie)
– Curcuma and Ceylon cinnamon to taste
Mix and enjoy.
Enjoy and to your good health!
Recipe for Kefir:
Ingredients and preparation:
1 x 1 liter glass, food grade plastic or ceramic container
3 tablespoons of sugar (organic cane sugar);
3 tablespoons of kefir grains
1 liter of water (source or filtered);
2 dried figs or 3 dates (or apricots, raisins or other dried fruit);
½ organic lemon
Combine everything in the container, mix well and cover with a cloth. Kefir should breathe during fermentation. Keep in a cabinet for 48 hours. Filter and press to remove as much lemon juice as possible. Keep the kefir and a little water in a jar and put it in the fridge for the next batch.
If you do not consume the kefir within a week, you should feed the mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar per week.
Notes: Do not use any metallic instrument in the preparation